It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: JPOG and Modding Genesis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm 
Paleontologist

Just thought I would set up this topic on JPOG and Moding Genesis, i think the game is great and Modding Genesiss is inspired. I have downloaded the GEP 1 and 2 and there amazing, they add even greater depth to the video game then before. Best download I have ever made!

Please feel free to add your own views on both game and this website!

Last edited by Dr. Alan Grant on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Jurassic Park Operation Genisis And Modding Genesis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:04 pm 
Donator

Well, I'm a member and I can say it is a great site.

Similarily, the game is also awesome. I'm currently starting production on the first mod for the PS2 version of the game at the moment, the Extended Edition. It's going to be designed for use on the PS3 to up the graphical capabilities etc and to make the game even better then before. :)

- Sarge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:10 pm 
Paleontologist

I thought you were a member I have seen your name Sg Angel on the web pages. I have used some of the mods like the Jpitalia pack only used the T.rex Raptor and gallimimus skins, also downloaded the walking with dinosaurs allosaur skin.

I have the pc and ps2 version glad your taking on the job to up the graphcs of the ps2 game, will other mods be part of it like the skin packs or is it just to up the graphcs on PS3?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:36 pm 
Donator

Dr. Alan Grant wrote:
I thought you were a member I have seen your name Sg Angel on the web pages. I have used some of the mods like the Jpitalia pack only used the T.rex Raptor and gallimimus skins, also downloaded the walking with dinosaurs allosaur skin.

I have the pc and ps2 version glad your taking on the job to up the graphcs of the ps2 game, will other mods be part of it like the skin packs or is it just to up the graphcs on PS3?

No, all mods are my own. I'm updating/modifying every aspect of the game to allow it to reach it's full potential, which nobody else has done before. The game will also include semi-new models, which is something that no other modder has ever achieved before now and will also introduce Compsognathus (I'm talking a proper Compsognathus, properly sized) into the game alongside other new Dinosaurs. :)

- Sarge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 pm 
Paleontologist

Thats great I assume you have just started these mods. But I thought it was impossible to create new models and use them in JPOG thats what many people had said on Modding Genesis. Also even though you have said that it is your own mods will the RodozULs Ultimate Genesis Soundtrack 1.0 be included as it is the best soundtrack ever for the JPOG game. Im glad I kept my ps2 version of JPOG and that it is still installed on my PS3. If I want to download this mod once you finish it will i have to download it to a memory stick, or will I have to download it by other means? :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 pm 
Donator

Dr. Alan Grant wrote:
Thats great I assume you have just started these mods. But I thought it was impossible to create new models and use them in JPOG thats what many people had said on Modding Genesis. Also even though you have said that it is your own mods will the RodozULs Ultimate Genesis Soundtrack 1.0 be included as it is the best soundtrack ever for the JPOG game. Im glad I kept my ps2 version of JPOG and that it is still installed on my PS3. If I want to download this mod once you finish it will i have to download it to a memory stick, or will I have to download it by other means? :D

It was, yes. The method is unorthadox and involves editing the .tmd files in hex editor, but hey, it works. :) Remember, though, it only allows the creation of semi-new models, not completely new ones. ;) I haven't heard it but I'll take a look into it. Getting the creator's permission and giving full credit is paramount when making mods, so I won't include it unless RodozUL says I can. When it is released you'll probably have to download it to your computer/memory stick, insert your JPOG PS2 CD into your computer's CD/DVD drive and then run the installer. :) A installer for Mac OS X and PC will be available for download.

- Sarge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:00 am 
Primal Carnage Team - Level Designer

I've never played any of the mods for 'Operation Genesis'.

Can you recommend some good mods for PC. Id love to try 'em out...

Thanks. :D

-Windebieste.

PRO KAPRO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 am 
Donator

windebieste wrote:
I've never played any of the mods for 'Operation Genesis'.

Can you recommend some good mods for PC. Id love to try 'em out...

Thanks. :D

-Windebieste.

FCM v2.0, GEP v2.0 and JPItalia's Movie Universe pack are the best three. :) Install the GEP first, then the FCM and then the Movie Universe pack. All three mods combined in-game is pretty cool. :)

- Sarge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:37 am 
Primal Carnage Team - Level Designer

Thank you. I will check 'em out.

[EDIT]

Found 'em all. If anyone else is interested, here's the links to download 'em:

Film Canon Mod - V2.0:
http://www.jplegacy.org/home.php?load=g ... m2.0.shtml

Genesis Expansion Project - V2.0:
http://modgenesis.hostingdelivered.com/ ... =24&t=2807

JPItalia Movie Universe Skin Pack:
http://www.jurassicparkitalia.it/mi-mod ... chetti.htm

Now I just gotta try 'em out... Hafta re-install the game first...

-Windebieste.

PRO KAPRO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 am 
Paleontologist

Sarge what will the mod or mods include apart from PS3 graphical enhancements? I assume I will have to download this from modding genesis. Also could you post pictures as well either in this topic or later when you have finished the mods in tis topic so I can see what modifications have been made and how it looks before I install it. Thanks!

Could you list what the mods include please just so I know what they will include and what their purpose will be as I would like to know whether it will be like GEP or better. Also do you have a website up for this modification and if so can you tell me the address Thanks! I have downloaded the GEP its great best dino game ever now until Primal Carnage comes out!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next