It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Meet the Trapper
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:58 pm 
Primal Carnage Team - Animator/PublicRelations

The Trapper: Human Control Class
Attachment:
Trapper-concept.jpg
Trapper-concept.jpg [ 193.08 KiB | Viewed 9056 times ]

Tactical Summary: The Trapper is crowd control at its best. He can trap dinosaurs with his net gun, and then take them out with his pistols while they are vulnerable. He is also able to take on multiple dinosaurs at once because of his ability to immobilize them. The Trapper generally stays behind the front lines until he traps a dinosaur, at which point he springs into action with his dual pistols or knife.

The Dilophosaurus will be a challenge for any skilled Trapper because it can destroy nets that have captured other dinosaurs, as well as nets around itself. This makes the Dilophosaurus the Trapper's greatest nemesis.
Attachment:
trapper1.jpg
trapper1.jpg [ 556.53 KiB | Viewed 9056 times ]

Pros:
• Can trap dinosaurs
• Can overcome groups of dinosaurs

Cons:
• Limited damage output
• Attacks limited to short range
• Difficulty killing non-trapped dinosaurs
Attachment:
netgunconcept.jpg
netgunconcept.jpg [ 478.66 KiB | Viewed 9056 times ]

Net Gun:
A bulky short range weapon that shoots a large net that will capture a dinosaur upon impact, leaving it helpless for a while.
Attachment:
dualpistols.jpg
dualpistols.jpg [ 164.01 KiB | Viewed 9056 times ]

Dual Pistols:
The Dual Pistols consist of a Desert Eagle, and a Six Shooter. They both deal minor damage but can finish off a wounded dinosaur.

Knife:
A hunting knife with serrated edge, it is useful as a last resort or against trapped dinos.
Attachment:
trapper2.jpg
trapper2.jpg [ 625.93 KiB | Viewed 9056 times ]

This class is still a work in progress, any and all aspects are subject to change.

Post subject: Re: Meet the Trapper
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:04 pm 
Paleontologist

Very cool, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing all the details ironed out, as well as the remaining two classes!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:19 pm 

for the record, I would have announced this guy before the Pathfinder, but I honestly forgot that he wasn't announced already, since the majority of his details were already pretty much known.

The remaining two classes will be announced between now and the end of the week. As for 'details being ironed out', yes there are a lot of such details, and it will probably take through the Beta until its all settled.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:21 pm 
Paleontologist

Personally, I'm seeing either the Pathfinder or Firestarter being my favorite human class, and for the dinos I'm rather undecided.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:48 pm 
Donator

Dayum! This is going fast. I smell release date...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:49 pm 
Paleontologist
 WWW  Profile

I love the class idea, but I'm not sure about the Pistols..

Are they going to be duel wielded at the same time? Because it seems odd and improbable to use two different guns simultaneously; I never much liked when games did that. But an option to pick between the two when you use the class would be cool, just give them traits that make it a not-so-obvious decision between the two. The Desert Eagle would have a faster reload time because it uses a magazine but would have a slower rate of fire, while the six shooter would have a higher rate of fire but a slower reload time.

Would something like that work??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:51 pm 
Donator

Replace the desert eagle with another 6 shooter. Or replace them both with a burst-fire glock 18. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:58 pm 
Paleontologist
 WWW  Profile

^The Glock is an amazing weapon, and I don't think it's a coincidence that it's ended up being my main side-arm of choice in the only two FPS games I ever played regularly but it would be overkill; plus I kind of would like a change of pace.

Like I'm saying, duel-wielded pistols are great, just not a different pistol in each hand. If they could give us a choice between double Desert Eagles or double Six Shooters, that would be amazing. Just balance them out enough so that it's not an obvious choice which one to use, know what I mean?

Or even just one pistol with extra ammo; nonetheless I think it would be great if we had a choice between the two. It's kind of like having class personalization and it puts both the models to use so they're not wasted by not being used.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 pm 

Quote:
Dayum! This is going fast. I smell release date...

No, no....don't jump to conclusions. Releasing class info is just one phase of marketing. There's still a long way yet to go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 pm 
Paleontologist

Location: In the Ruined Metro of Moscow, fending for my life....
It looks great, all the classes are being anonnounced day by day.The game must be getting finished up.

+8 slurpee points

I also possess the one and only, the Creator point.A gift from mi amigo, Tacotitan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next